Is this a question that arises in your mind? How to fall asleep fast military? How military person fall asleep during the tough time of practice?
The U.S. Military followed a scientific approach to fall asleep in any situation. It also works for anyone. You also easily fall asleep by following this method. But it doesn’t work from day one for most of the people.
You can practice it continuously for six weeks of duration then you can get the benefit from it.
This article thoroughly explains how it works and steps to practice that makes you fall asleep within a couple of minutes.
How this Military Method Developed?
Sleep is the most precious one, and they know its value as a military person because they snatch only a few hours of sleep every day.
With the frustration, merely lying on the sleeping bag with eyes closed, waiting for the strange things to happen next.
They are exhausted and distracted by the noise around them.
Just think about the situation if they don’t sleep, quickly get fatigued and make bad decisions. They will let the people down and become a responsibility.
It is what happened to U.S. fighter pilots in World War II. The pilots realized the situation making terrible, avoidable decisions due to stress and sleeplessness.
The U.S. Navy Pre-Flight School developed a scientific method to fall asleep day or night, in any conditions, in under few minutes. After six weeks of consistent practice, more than 90 percent of pilots could fall asleep in two minutes or less.
It is the actual reason that they created a scientific sleeping method to fall asleep quickly. Now you can also follow the steps to fall asleep quickly.
How to fall asleep Fast Military
This famous military method is first introduced in the book “Relax and Win: Championship Performance” by Sheron Acherman.
According to Acherman’s point of view, the United States Navy Pre-Flight School developed a routine to fall asleep under 2 minutes in any condition.
After six weeks of consistent practice, pilots could easily fall asleep quickly even after drinking coffee, and with gunfire, noises played in the background.
That is why I always mentioned in the most article to practice Yoga Poses for sleep, especially Viparita Karani, in the evening to throw away the stress and switch off the active thinking mind. That leads to getting a good sleep within few minutes.
How to Practise Military Method to Fall Asleep Fast
It has 5 phases to relax which starts from your face to calm down the active thinking.
1. Relax your Face: Relax your whole face by close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply.
When you breathe out, your muscles inside your mouth gets to relax. By a deep breath, your forehead should be smooth and feels lighter.
2. Relax Your Upper body: Drop the shoulder and release the pressure as low as they can. Now release the tension over the back of your neck and all its muscles.
You will feel like floating down the body. Next, your forearms feel it relax, lose it and drop down the body.
3. Relax the Chest area: Breathe in deeply and exhale slowly to relax your chest. Next, your hands and fingers let it go loose.
4. Relax your Legs, Thighs, and Calf Muscles: Tell yourself to the thigh muscle, calf muscles to relax and the same for your ankle and foot.
Repeat the same process to your thigh, then your calf, ankle and foot. You can feel the muscles go limp and tension free.
5. Clear the Mind for 10 Seconds: Now you are in the last step. Clear your mind for 10 seconds by visualize an image.
Don’t think about whatever happen in the past. E.g. When will I get a call from my girlfriend? Or Why this happened to me today?
Doing such things involve movement. It means just thinking about them is enough to make your muscles involuntarily contract.
Instead, you need to keep your mind in a stable state. Just Imagine you are lying on a couch in a pitch-black room. Hold this image in your mind for 10 seconds.
6. If this doesn’t work, try to say yourself “don’t think” over and over for 10 seconds. It assists in clearing any thoughts and stopping your brain from the stroll.
The thing is, when you’re physically relaxed, and your mind is still for at least 10 seconds, you will fall asleep easily.
Must Read – How to Sleep with Middle Back Pain
Tricks to Fall Asleep Quickly
When it comes to sleep, you don’t know the importance of breathing for relaxation. Not only for relax, when you focus the breath, you can control yourself against fear, anxiety, anger, etc.
Focused Breathing Method:
Focus on the breathing and visualization, and this method works very effectively. Practicing this method helps release the tension from the body and feels the total relaxation from head to toe.
1. Comfortably lay your back on the mattress, and your palms should keep facing upwards.
2. Face and forehead should be relaxed and smooth.
3. Spread your hands and legs two feet apart.
4. Visualize you are in a dark room to a complete relaxed meditative state.
4. Breathe deeply, while inhaling concentrate on your stomach goes upside like a balloon and exhaling it becomes flat.
Make Your Bedroom Sleep Friendly
Before practicing these breathing methods, make sure that your bedroom should be a sleep-friendly environment.
1. Try to make your room dark by investing a black or thick curtains.
2. Don’t place your mobile near your bed. If possible, keep it outside.
3. Take a shower one hour before bed helps get into the mood of sleep naturally.
4. Open the window slightly to get fresh air from the outside. In summer, make your room temperature to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. It is the ideal temperature to get adequate sleep.
5. Keep a white noise machine to listen to relaxing music with an auto stop timer.
6. Eat earlier with a little quantity supports to practice the breathing methods easily.
Also Look – How to Sleep with Low Back Pain
Now you get an overall idea and steps to follow the Military way to Fall Asleep fast naturally. This scientific approach clearly explains the relationship of breathe, that control the mind and it reflects in good sleep. Practise these simple techniques and you will definitely notice the changes in your sleep routine.
Leave a Reply