Have you ever heard someone say they fall asleep within few minutes? It seems like they are blessed people.
So have you questioned yourself how to sleep fast in 5 minutes? I can get this kind of sleep.
It depends upon the genetic factor, how they spend their whole day, their physical activity, and the most important thing is proper sleep schedule.
Keep reading this article to know why you do not get a quick sleep and some simple breathing and simple hygiene to Sleep Fast in 5 Minutes.
Achieve a fast sleep each night
Everything is a habit. Likewise, getting adequate sleep every day is a habitual process of maintaining sleep hygiene and a proper sleep schedule.
According to Dr. Tracey Marks, “Coming to sleep early and waking early signs the body clock with the natural circadian rhythms, which is more restorative than trying to sleep while the sun’s up.”
It may seem ironic that wake up early can help you sleep better at night.
The irregular sleeping hours prevents your brain from settling into a pattern, creating a state of perpetual “jet lag.”
It’s not just how you sleep, but it helps create the best version of you when you sleep.
Read this – Best Sleeping Position for Sciatica Pain
How to Sleep Fast in 5 Minutes
Usually, anyone may fall asleep in 5 minutes sounds good. But it is customary for a person to fall asleep within 5 to 10 minutes. That is not a problem.
You can make you sleep fast by practicing the breathing methods listed below.
The Military Method
It is one of the popular methods introduced for U.S. military practices. You can control the whole body and switch off the mind by deep breathing rhythm.
This famous military method is first introduced in the book “Relax and Win: Championship Performance” by Sheron Acherman.
According to Acherman, the United States Navy Pre-Flight School developed a routine to fall asleep under 2 minutes in any condition.
After six weeks of consistent practice, pilots could easily fall asleep quickly even after drinking coffee, and with gunfire, noises played in the background.
Simple Steps to Practise Military Method
It has 5 phases to relax from face to calm down the continuous thinking.
1. Relax your Face: Relax your whole face by closing your eyes and breathing in and out slowly and deeply. Your muscles inside your mouth get to relax.
By a deep breath, your forehead should be smooth and feels lighter.
2. Relax Your Upper body: Drop the shoulder and release the pressure.
Now release the strain over the back of your neck and all its muscles. Next, your forearms feel it relax, lose it and drop down the body. You will feel like floating down the body.
3. Relax the Chest area: Breathe in deeply and exhale slowly to relax your chest. Next, your hands and fingers let it go loose.
4. Relax your Legs, Thighs, and Calf Muscles: Say yourself to both right and left leg, the thigh muscle, calf muscles to relax, and the same for your ankle and foot.
You can feel the muscles go limp and tension free.
5. Clear the Mind for 10 Seconds: Now, the last step is to clear your mind for 10 seconds by holding an image. Don’t think about anything.
E.g., what went wrong today? Or what will I do tomorrow for my boyfriend?
Doing these things all involve movement. It means just thinking about them is enough to make your muscles involuntarily contract.
Instead, you need to keep your mind in a stable state. Just Imagine you are lying on a couch in a pitch-black room. Hold this image in your mind for 10 seconds.
6. If this doesn’t work, try to say yourself “don’t think” over and over for 10 seconds.
It assists in clearing any thoughts and stopping your brain from the stroll. The thing is, when you’re physically relaxed, and your mind is still for at least 10 seconds, you will quickly fall asleep.
You should follow this military method and practice for at least six weeks to benefit from it.
4-7-8 Breathing Method
The 4-7-8 breathing method shifts to a total relaxed state by your rhythm breathing. Dr. Andrew Weil introduced this simple breathing technique.
How to do 4-7-8 Breathing Method
1. Place the tip of your tongue towards the skin behind the upper front teeth. Keep it there throughout the exercise.
2. Exhale fully through your mouth, making an exhalation sound.
3. Close your mouth and inhale rhythmically through your nose for 4 counts.
Hold your breath for 7 counts. Exhale completely through your mouth, making an exhalation sound for 8 counts. It is one breath.
4. Now inhale again and repeat the step 3 times for a total of 4 breaths. Do it at least twice a day.
This breathing exercise is a natural tranquilizer for the nervous system. Focus on breathing practices controls your active thinking and keeps you relaxed.
Best Elements to Sleep fast in 5 Minutes
Exercise at Right Time
Exercise and Physical Activity in the daytime are the most prominent ones to focus on to get fast sleep quickly.
The U.S. National Sleep Foundation’s study found that those who engaged in vigorous physical exercise reported sleeping soundly twice as often as those who didn’t.
The timing of exercise can have an impact on how you sleep. For example, exercising at night can lead to decreased sleep quality.
Exercise raises your body temperature, and it takes 6 hours to cool down and therefore suggested that late afternoon is the best time for exercise.
Besides exercise, your physical activity is much more useful to fall asleep. Get a relaxed walk in the evening or after work alter the pressure and stress buster.
Getting Enough Sun Light
To get as much sunlight as possible, you must keep your curtains open throughout the day and go for walks while the sun is out.
The light of the sun also helps regulate your body’s hormones, thus making it a lot easier for your body to secrete the necessary chemicals to facilitate quality sleep.
Walking is also essential because it exposes you to natural sunlight, which boosts vitamin D in your body. It should help you fight stress and sleeplessness and strengthen your heart.
Maintain a Consistent Schedule
Having an inconsistent sleep time would result in your inability to sleep until your eyes are falling shut against your will.
We have so much artificial light in our lives that our internal clocks have confuse it.
It is why it has become more critical than ever to maintain a proper schedule, one that you follow regardless of whether it is a weekend or a weekday.
It means going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time every day.
Follow the same bedtime every night, you are going to program your body recognizes a time of day when it is supposed to start shutting down and preparing for sleep.
Techniques to Fall Asleep Fast
Stimulus Control Therapy
Stimulus control therapy is a useful program that can help you retrain your brain to interlink between the bed and sleep for better sleep quality.
1. Go to bed only when you feel asleep.
If you don’t get sleep at night, you do not fall asleep for more than 10 to 15 minutes, leave the bedroom and do something boring or relaxing.
2. Keep a mindset by use the bed only for Sleep and Sex.
3. Don’t do things such as reading, browsing, eating, using smartphones in your bed.
4. Wakeup at the same time every day.
5. Avoid Daytime Naps.
Proper Sleep Hygiene
These tips can make you get fast asleep each night within 5 minutes or even less. Try these methods and push you in line to fall asleep naturally.
1. Focus on what you eat before bedtime – Avoid foods high in fat, spicy and greasy foods.
2. Avoid Electronic Devices 90 minutes before bed – The artificial blue light emitted by smartphones stir up your body to produce more cortisol and disorient your body’s natural preparation for sleep.
3. Keep Your Bedroom dark – Most people sleep best in a very dark room, preferably with blackout curtains.
You can also experiment with eyeshades, but make sure these are loose and very comfortable.
4. Make your room Cool – Get a pleasant, relaxed environment in your room and snuggle up to sleep more soundly.
During the winter, wearing socks and putting a second duvet on the bed can make a huge difference.
5. Eat Complex carbs at night – Try to eat whole grains as these contain an active ingredient referred to as tryptophan, very useful in brain relaxing serotonin.
6. Take a Fresh Bath – A hotbath or shower one hour before bed can be extremely helpful and the fact is enjoyable and relaxing.
Also Check – Best Sleeping Position for Lower Back Pain
Now you understand How to Sleep Fast in 5 Minutes is easy than you think. Yes, it’s right for anyone to fall asleep in few minutes.
Keep in mind that Exercise, physical activity that whole day, try to be happy, proper sleep schedule are the most important things to follow up every day to get the sleep life on the right track.